An oxygen concentrator is a medical device that provide us required oxygen if we are unable to breath in due to certain medical conditions. An oxygen concentrator or generator working principle is taking oxygen molecules from the ambient air, filtering and concentrating them and provide patients with 90% to 95% pure oxygen. There is a compressor in machine that take oxygen from air and adjusts the out put pressure as per required setting.
Can We use portable oxygen concentrator machine at home?
Yes we can use Oxygen Concentrator at home for personal use as per our doctor prescription. If we have a health condition that causes our oxygen level to drop too low. It can help people who have trouble breathing due to conditions like: Asthma.
Does oxygen concentrator help Covid?
Oxygen concentrators are very useful for patients experiencing breathing problem after COVID complications which necessitate oxygen therapy.
Best Oxygen Concentrator For 2023
There are multiple brands providing oxygen machines but following are top rated devices:
- Philips Oxygen Concentrator Machine
- Youwell Oxygen Concentrator Machine
- LifeCare Oxygen Concentrator Machine
Philips Oxygen Concentrator Machine
One of the best devices for sleep apnea and respiratory issues. This is a mini portable oxygen concentrator with specifications as per Philips are:
- Oxygen Concentrations 86 to 97% at all settings %
- Continuous flow settings 0.5/1/1.5/2 l/min
- Pulse mode bolus size 1=12 ml/1.5=18 ml/2=24 ml/2.5=30 ml/3=36 ml/3.5=42 ml/4=48 ml/4.5=54 ml/5=60 ml/5.5=66 ml/6=72 ml
- Sound level ≤ 43 dB at pulse setting 2 dB
- Size 29.2 cm x 25.4 cm x 15.2 cm (11.5″ x 10″ x 6″)
- Weight with battery 4.5 (10) kb (lbs)
- SimplyGo’s battery duration 3.0 (pulse dose setting of 2*) and 0.9 (continuous flow 2 LPM) hour(s)
- Filtration Internal bacteria filter
- Storage temperature (unit only) -20° to 60°C (-4° to 140°F)
- Altitude Up to 3.048 m/10,000 ft
- DC power – input 11.5 to 16 VDC and 18 A max
- DC power – output 19 VDC and 7.9 A max
- AC power – input 100 to 240 VAC/ 50 to 60 Hz/1.7 A max
- AC power – output 19 VDC and 7.9 A max
- Power consumption 150 while charging/120 while not charging W
- Alarm types Low oxygen purity/No breath/High breath rate/No flow/Low battery/Depleted battery/Wrong battery/System technical fault
- Lithium Ion battery 14.4 VDC 6600 mAh (LiIon), 0.7 kg (1.5 lbs), charge time is approximately 2 to 3 hours per battery from fully discharged
LifeCare Oxygen Concentrator Machine
Lifecare brand produced medical grade lower noise advanced round airway and multilevel robust design machine. LCD screen to see the figures with time function. It has got alarm features for low oxygen concentration to make it more efficient.
LifeCare oxygen concentrator machine comes with following features:
- Delivery Rate: OC-5LC- 1 to 5 LPM
- Outlet Pressure: 8.5+0.5PSI( 58.6 kpa )
- Purity: 93%±3%
- Operating System Time cycle / Pressure Swing
- Weight: 19.6kg
- Dimension: 24.4″H x 16.9″W x12.6″D( 62 x43 x 32cm)
- Sound Level: 57.4 DB(A)
- Electrical Requirement: 220v/50Hz, 115v/60Hz
- Storage Condition Temprature: 20 c to 55 c
- Humidity: 90 %
- OCSI Signal (OPTIONAL) 85%Green Normal oxygen, 82% below Yellow, 75% Red Service required
Youwell Oxygen Concentrator Machine:
Stable medical grade, most affordable and reliable concentrator. This portable oxygen machine is compact and light-weight. LCD to show visible oxygen levels with purity of Oxygen is above 93%.
It doesn’t need warmup time to reach full saturation. The device starts instantly. Life saver in the time of need. As per feedback from users, worked flawlessly, easy to setup and use. Noiseless and portable. Best value for money and comfortable device. Smart alarm functions make its operation reliable.
Parameter as per Youwell product catalog:
- Flow range: 0.5～3L/min
- Oxygen concentration: 93%±3%
- Output pressure: 20~50kPa
- Input power: 320VA
- N.W. 16.5kg
- Operation noise level ≤46dB(A)
- Size: 50*21*64cm
- High intake position, cleaner air: Yes
- Remote control function: Yes
- Alarms 4 alarm system（Low oxygen concentrator alarm,
Power outage alarm, Pressure cycle failure alarm,
- Compressor failure alarm）, self detection of fault
Safety Protection 4 safety protection
How much is an oxygen concentrator?
Oxygen machine price varies as per brand and capacity. Most used Oxygen concentrators are 5 litres and 10 litres capacity. Oxygen concentrator 5-litre.
Price: costs between
PKR 85,000/- and PKR 120,000/-
depending upon brand, batteries and other accessories.
Oxygen concentrator 10 liter price: PKR 100,000/- and PKR 150,000/-
depending on batteries and other accessories. Equipment is with free new mask, tube and free home delivery.
Oxygen Concentrator Rent Price in Islamabad and in Karachi
In Islamabad and Karachi customers can opt to purchase a new or on rent oxygen concentrator for personal use.
Portable Oxygen Concentrator rent price in Islamabad and Karachi starts from
PKR 350/- per day to PKR 650/- per day
for 5 liter and 10 liter capacity machine respectively.
For more details and pricing, please
The benefits of using an oxygen concentrator are numerous, and it plays a crucial role in helping patients recover from respiratory problems. Here are some of the key benefits of using an oxygen concentrator:
Constant Supply of Oxygen: Oxygen is essential for life, and patients with respiratory problems require a constant supply of oxygen to maintain their health. Oxygen concentrators provide a continuous flow of medical-grade oxygen, ensuring that patients receive the necessary amount of oxygen at all times.
Portable and Convenient: Unlike traditional oxygen tanks, oxygen concentrators are portable and lightweight, making it easy for patients to carry them around. This allows patients to move around freely and continue with their daily activities, without having to worry about running out of oxygen.
Cost-Effective: Oxygen concentrators are more cost-effective than traditional oxygen tanks in the long run. Oxygen tanks need to be refilled, which can be expensive and time-consuming. Oxygen concentrators, on the other hand, only require an electrical connection and do not need to be refilled. This makes it an affordable solution for patients who need a constant supply of oxygen.
Improved Quality of Life: By providing a constant supply of medical-grade oxygen, oxygen concentrators can significantly improve the quality of life of patients suffering from respiratory problems. Patients are able to breathe easier, sleep better, and participate in more physical activities, resulting in an overall improvement in their health and well-being.
Safety: Oxygen concentrators are safe to use and do not pose any fire risk. Unlike oxygen tanks, which can be dangerous if they are not handled properly, oxygen concentrators do not pose any explosion risk. This makes them a safer option for patients, especially those with mobility issues.
Easy to Use: Oxygen concentrators are easy to use and require minimal maintenance. They come with simple instructions, making it easy for patients to operate them on their own. Additionally, they are equipped with alarms that alert patients if the device is not working properly, ensuring that they receive the necessary oxygen at all times.
Improved Sleep: Patients who use oxygen concentrators experience improved sleep quality. Oxygen concentrators provide a continuous flow of oxygen, ensuring that patients receive the necessary amount of oxygen while they sleep. This results in a better night’s sleep, which is essential for their overall health and recovery.
Reduced Hospitalization: Oxygen concentrators can help reduce hospitalization rates for patients suffering from respiratory problems. By providing a constant supply of medical-grade oxygen, patients are able to manage their symptoms and avoid hospitalization.
Increased Independence: Oxygen concentrators give patients the independence they need to live their lives to the fullest. By providing a constant supply of medical-grade oxygen, patients are able to participate in physical activities, travel, and live their lives without being restricted by traditional oxygen tanks.
In conclusion, oxygen concentrators provide a wide range of benefits to patients suffering from respiratory problems. By providing a constant supply of medical-grade oxygen, they help improve the quality of life of patients, reduce hospitalization rates, and increase their independence. They are a safe, cost-effective, and convenient alternative to traditional oxygen tanks, making them an essential tool in the healthcare industry.